View Single Post
Old 02-11-2003, 06:51 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to CigarJohnny
Quote:
Originally posted by Landshark
why are people getting whistles WELDED into their exhaust system? back when i was in school, we'd buy those whistles that you could just stick in your pal's exhaust pipe, then laugh when they couldn't figure out what was wrong with their car. why would these morons pay to get them permanently attached at a muffler shop??? the ones we bought at the joke store stayed in place pretty good, no welding required. as if pounding bass in cars wasn't annoying enough, now they have the high frequencies covered, too. <sigh>
I think you hit it right on the head, Alan. The out of proportion bass in their vehicles has their bodies malnourished and starving for pure, crude treble in any form it can get. The reason they weld it is obvious. If decoration is not bolted or welded on it's gonna grow legs and walk. I could probably market slip-on whistles with better acoustics but they would consantly be getting stolen.

Did anyone else notice that Bubb's F-body (I think that is the GM code for Camaro/Firebird) did not whistle as he drove away from the muffler shop? Maybe he just thought he could not hear it over the bass of ihs stereo.

Ebony Mica '92 LS 80K Oct 2002 - Dec 2004: Victim of theft. She served me well.

You can tell the lack of craftsmanship by the wrinkles in the duct tape.