View Single Post
Old 05-24-2009, 09:39 AM
look like a leprechaun to me

Re: Cam sprocket question

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlightningsvx View Post
Put the cam sprockets back on and have th arrows on the sprocket piont directly up. When thats done on the left sprocket arrow that goes up look around the edge of it on the left side to see an alignment mark. You will have to line it up withthe mark on the timing cover shown 1/2in to the right of your thumb in pic #2. Just repeat for the other side, When mine didn't line up I just turned them by hand untill they were on the marks. God I love non-interface motors.
Well, that's the thing. When I put the sprockets back on (and when I took them off), the arrows were both pointing straight up, and the alignment marks were in line with the marks on the cover. After thinking about it, I guess this must be normal, because the sprocket only goes on one way - and this is the position the cams are in when the sprockets are lined up right. It just looks really wrong to me - i would think that both sides would match up.