View Single Post
Old 05-09-2009, 06:42 PM
look like a leprechaun to me

Crank pulley wobbling??

I was changing out my coolant temp sensor today and noticed that my crankshaft pulley was wobbling the tiniest little bit...not enough to make a noise, or throw a belt, or cause any other issues though. The pulley is only wobbling just enough so that I notice it when I'm watching it with the engine running.

So...this means that the rubber is starting to deteriorate and I have to replace it now, right? I'm thinking I'd like to go with a lightened 1-pc pulley to replace it, and do the crank / cam seals at the same time.

Has anyone had any issues with one piece lightweight pulleys in general? Are there any specific brands to go for / stay away from? Are underdrive pulleys a bad idea for the SVX?

As far as stock size 1-pc pulleys - I found this one and this one online. One of these is probably what I'll end up with (unless I find something better). Currently leaning towards the one from Perrin. Will these fit? I understand Subaru used the same size pulley on a number of different engines, but I want to consult the board to make sure that I'm ordering the right thing before doing so.

In addition to the ones I linked, does anyone have any suggestions? I kind of want to keep it right around ~$100 or less, if possible.