View Single Post
Old 01-30-2009, 03:48 PM

Re: A few questions about my new SVX...

So I feel like an idiot. The thing that I thought was an aftermarket tranny cooler is in fact the AC condenser. Oops... So it looks like I'll be adding a tranny cooler and filter as soon as I can afford it.

Having had another day to drive it, I'm noticing that it seems like the front suspension is rattling/knocking when I hit bumps. The steering also seems a tad bit loose and has a slight tendency to wander on me. I don't get any pull when braking, but if I let go of the wheel it goes straight for a bit and then starts pulling to the right slightly. I read somewhere that there was a known problem with the strut mounts on the 92's, does anyone know anything about this or anything else it could potentially be?

Also had a really nasty squeal when I was coming to a stop. They put new brakes on it before they sold it, but I pulled the pads out and put some anti squeal brake goo on the backs of the pads and have almost eliminated the noise. Am curious though whether or not the pads are supposed to have anti rattle plates on the back, as every other Subaru I've owned used them and my SVX does not have them.

Aside from that the only other issue I found was that the sunroof didn't want to open up all the way, and was able to fix that problem easily with the help of another thread on here.

I truly love this car