View Single Post
Old 01-29-2009, 06:58 PM

A few questions about my new SVX...

So I finally picked my car up today. I put a down payment on it two weeks ago, and since I was paying cash for it they kept it until I paid it off today. Its a 92 LS-L, Black Pearl, 140K miles but still running like its brand new from what I can see so far. Needless to say I've been one happy camper most of the day

Anywho, this is my first SVX (but not my first Subaru) and having had a chance to look over everything a little better I'm left wondering about a few things.

The first thing I looked for when I got home was any evidence of an aftermarket tranny filter. While I wasn't able to get far enough under the car to spot one, I did notice that it does have a smaller front mounted cooler that sits in front of the lower half of the radiator. In all of my reading here I've seen a lot of information about transmission filters and aftermarket coolers, but I didn't see anything about factory coolers. Were these built with stock transmission coolers? (And bear with me if this is a stupid question, believe it or not this is the first auto transmission vehicle I've EVER owned.)

And secondly, did Subaru offer a factory engine block heater in these cars, or was mine added on?

I can't wait to drive to work tomorrow... Though in reality I wish I could just blow off work and drive across the country instead I'll post some pictures once I have a chance to get some good shots.