View Single Post
Old 01-08-2007, 09:44 AM
Ren-Ma Osu

Smile Amazing Day at TomsSVX PA Garage

When Tom is working on an SVX he's like that comic book hero The Flash -- seriously, he gets so much done, so well, and so fast -- amazing. Tom's combination of skill, knowledge, talent, and work ethic are beyond my abilities to compliment. And on top of this he's a great guy. I also met Tom's girlfriend Janelle and she's fantastic too -- absolute sweetheart.

Everything was perfect except for one minor item, I'll mention at the end

Here's what Tom accomplished (I hope I don't forget anything).

Timing Belt
Water Pump
Thermostat
Aluminum Crank Pulley
New belts
O-ring for minor steering fluid leak
Cams seals
Front crank seal
Install PWR radiator & New Anti freeze
Spark plugs
Tranny pan gasket
Tranny strainer filter
Transmission fluid
Diff fluids (Royal Purple)
New Mobil 1 oil
Install stainless brake lines
Install slotted/dimpled brake rotors
Racing Blue brake fluid

The 140 mile drive home was great -- even with a hard rain. The difference in the braking is fantastic. Having all this stuff done gives me much more confidence with regards to taking the SVX on long trips. I feel the PWR radiator and tranny service will greatly reduce transmission concerns.

The only minor item, was that I had forgotten my E-Z Pass for the tolls. And on the return trip when I got to the Ben Franklin bridge toll booth and reached into my stock SVX coin holder all the quarters were gone! I know it was full to the max -- I even had all the quarters with tails facing the passenger side -- doesn't everyone? I don't think my coin holder is defective and it is OEM. Now, I don't want to create any ill feelings or stir up any controversy, but like I said, Tom is like the The Flash, and well quarters just don't disappear by themselves, Tom gave me a great deal on the servicing, so I guess it's not a big deal or anything -- okay, if you've read this far, I'll come clean -- this is just a joke -- at Tom's suggestion based on one of my more ridiculous posts in the past -- I just can't say anything negative about Tom, even in jest Plus I don't want to put my life in jeopardy.

To all fellow members on this web site, if you ever need anything done on your car, in my humble opinion, Tom's the man to call.

Last edited by DanSVX94; 01-08-2007 at 09:52 AM.