View Single Post
Old 08-21-2009, 04:05 AM

Registered SVX
Re: Torque binding question

The C solenoid valve is normally closed. Therefore will be closed, if either the solenoid or the supply circuit is faulty. This will result in no bleed and full pressure closing the clutch, and therefore binding,

The manual shows that the FWD light operates when the special fuse is inserted, and grounds the combined signal and lamp circuit. Provided the lamp/bulb is OK, not being illuminated indicates only a faulty TCU signal or special fuse circuit. Unfortunately the FWD light is not included in the lamp test which occurs at turn on, so that you must hold the light as suspect.

Before tearing things apart, you must ensure that the solenoid is receiving voltage, when the special fuse is in place. You can check for battery voltage, say 11 - 13 volts at the transmission connector. I do not have a manual for the US transmission, so that someone else will have to give you the pin numbers. A simple 12 volt test lamp drawing current, is the best test for this voltage.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!