View Single Post
Old 01-25-2008, 02:45 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by ensteele View Post
I just missed getting a 92 with 16,000 miles on it.

As far as your question Joe, I would take the 93 with 20,000.
That would be my preference as well Earl.

Max makes really good points relating to the run of the SVX. As a collector piece, first year, last year and special [Anniversary] editions would be most favoured.

There is also the attraction of getting all factory improvements if you buy the run-out year. Most known recurring problems will have been totally fixed or had attention.

However I would maintain that even with the large numbers sold in your part of the world getting a low miles early car is much more difficult than a low miles late car. People bought the SVX because it is such a good drive. That meant that first year cars ended up in the hands of people who use their cars a lot.

By the time '97 came around the passion was gone from the market, and SVXes sat in dealers unregistered. I'm fairly sure quite a few of these would have been bought with an eye to future classic status and appreciation in value, and not used.

This combined with the fact that early cars are a little over 15 years old, with the attendant extra miles, compared to '97 cars just a bit over 10 years old and it means there is probably 4 times the chance or more that you could find a low miles 97 compared to finding a similar low miles '92.

I expect in your case Earl one of each would do the trick!

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl