View Single Post
Old 02-12-2006, 07:25 PM

trans cooler- how to remove center light bar

excellent data- I am installing B&M cooler- removing light bar not obvious, Can someone explain how to remove

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by halistan
I have installed (Kuo and I actually) tranny coolers on 3 SVX's. a '92 and 2 '93's (mine and kozypups). On all three we installed temperature guagues on the SVX's before we installed the coolers. Here is the data.

Kuo's 92 - temp was in the mid 90's
I don't remember the brand we used but it was a little smaller than the B&M supercooler used on the other SVX's. So we installed two of those coolers in series and bypassed the stock cooler completely. On this one we put then between the condenser and the radiator.

Before the cooler he was running 200 degrees on the highway with jumps up to 240 on the city roads

After it dropped to 180 highway and rarely gets above 210 in the city

Both my and Marisa's SVX's: 93 limited edition.
We installed the B&M supercooler in front of the condenser (see picture) The bumper doesn't need to be taken off. It fits perfectly where you see it. Just slide it in and use the little ties that come with it to secure it in place and run your lines.

Before the cooler we ran over 200 degrees all the time with it jumping to 220-240 in the city. The thing about it is once it got hot (230-240 range) it just about never came down.

After installing the B&M cooler our temps dropped to about 165 almost all the time. There are times it gets up to 185 on very rare occasions. In the wintertime i have noticed that i have rarely takes more than a mile of driving before the tranny warms up enough (50 degrees) for it to engage 4th gear. It gets pretty cold here in KC..sometimes its well below zero and I still have never had a problem in the 3 years its been since i installed it.

If you want my opinion...go with the B&M Supercooler, install it in front of the condensor and be happy Its perfect. Oh, it only takes about 45 minutes to install.