View Single Post
Old 11-17-2005, 08:58 PM
.... what a sweet ride !!

Registered SVX
Today I decided to plug in the FWD fuse and see what would happen. With normal driving I saw no difference, as you would expect. However, I did notice that the "FWD" did not light up on the instrument panel. Now I'm thinking that I have a major "electrical" problem or disconnect, since I also have never seen the power mode switch in, nor does the Power light flash when I run through the diagnostics process. On top of all this the Torque Converter has never locked up at highway speeds, and I know that process starts with electrical inputs and outputs to the TCU and transmission. I have also been following this other thread which is the another problem I have (i.e., no AWD.)

So I took out the FWD fuse this evening and I drove the car again. What an eye opener! On the highway I noticed that the TC locked up just like it is suppose to. So that led me to try the "power mode" with a kick to the throttle. The Power light lit-up and a real agressive kick pushed me back into the seat. It is obvious that the power mode is working. All I have left is to determine if the AWD is working.

I don't know what happened when I inserted the FWD fuse but I'm very happy with the result. A week ago I checked the continuity of the FWD fuse socket and it seemed to ring out fine. Needless to say that I will leave well-enough alone and check the AWD the next time it rains (or snows.)

'02 Outback - Wife's car
'96 Legacy Wagon - Son's car
'95 Legacy Sedan - #5 Daughter's car
'93 Impreza Sedan - #4 Daughter's car
'92 Claret LS-L - My car ____________
TOTAL = 595,000 Subi miles