View Single Post
Old 12-06-2004, 08:08 PM
Poor College Racer

Send a message via AIM to drivemusicnow
Re: CAR

Quote:
Originally posted by mysvxrocks
WELL I DONT REALLY THINK YOU WANT ME TO GO INTO THE LIST OF PROBLEMS, LOL. THE TRANNY IS STUCK IN 3RD, REAR WHEEL BEARINGS, BOTH VALVE COVER GASKETS NEED REPLACED, OOH AND ANOTHER MAJOR IS IT NEEDS A PAINT JOB AND SOME BODYWORK STILL NEEDS DONE. IF YOU REALLY WANT THE DETAILS ON IT ILL GIVE THEM ALL TO YOU. IF IM GOINT TO SELL IT ILL PROB. JUST SELL IT FOR AROUND 900-1,000 JUST BECAUSE IT NEEDS ALOT OF WORK. ~DENNIS

P.S. MY CAPS IS ON
First the caps is really annoying.. second, if you sell the car for 1000 you're really kinda losing quite a bit of money.. i'd say you need to first figure out what it will all cost, what options you have, and think all of this out rationally.. i know you're pissed right now, and i would be to.. but don't make a rash decision about this... doesn't make sense to just drop the car cause its causing some heaches... you're problems, other than the tranny, seem to not be huge.. the paint can wait obviously, the rear wheel bearings are a neccesary thing, you but printout all the TSBs and info on here about them and correct installation. the valve cover gaskets shouldn't be too bad, mostly labor... you might have to prop the engine on this one.. not sure of the "procedure" of this one..

how much can you do yourself?? or with with paid SVX network labor (i hear a six pack is the going rate)

97 Red SVX LSi clean
96 Black SVX LSi beater
90 Red Eclipse GSX track ho
99 Ford F250 work horse
My Locker