View Single Post
Old 12-22-2003, 02:01 PM
No longer blue member

Send a message via AIM to SubaSteevo
The Runaround

According to the website I can purchase the warranty as long as the car is still under the original warranty (which it is). I went into the Cottman where my rebuild was done, they said they no longer sell an extended warranty. So I called the Cottman hotline, the person who answered the phone was a moron and connected me to three different people (none of whom were correct) when I called three seperate times. On the third time the wrong person connected me to the person who handles the paperwork for the warranty information. The woman I am connected to tells me that I needed to get the warranty within 90 days ( ) of the repair. I inform her that the website says I have until the original warranty is expired to extend it. She looks at the website while on the phone with me, says that there should be an additional question "Was the service performed within 90 days", but agrees that according to the information on the site, I should be able to purchase the warranty. She says that her supervisors have always told her it is 90 days, so I ask to speak to her supervisor. She puts me on hold for about 10-15 mins, comes back and tells me that she spoke to her supervisor, who is investigating the wording of the website and will call me tomorrow.

Member #895(the member formerly known as BurgundyBeast)
01' MSM Lexus IS300