View Single Post
Old 10-05-2003, 09:07 PM

Send a message via ICQ to IwantaSVX Send a message via AIM to IwantaSVX
Jesus....you described my prior '92 SVX exactly. My '92 was AWD, but it was inoperable. I bought it last November and when the weather got real cold in January it started the stalling issue anytime you would put it in gear until it was warmed up. I was able to work around that dilema by letting the car warm up before I left. Then the torque converter started to lockup when the car was cold and I was driving (as it usually does above 160 degrees and 1500 rpms) but it would not unlock.....so when I would pull up to a stop sign it would kill the engine. Put it in park and restart and it would stall going into gear. This would usually piss me off and I would slip the car into neutral and hold it ~3K rpms until it was warm (basically because I had places to go and things to do). Long story....about a week later I lost 4th gear coming home. Boy did that piss me off....until I lost 3rd.

I thought I was the ONLY one who had experienced symptoms of this nature. My best guess is its something related to the inop AWD. Do you get a flashing power light on startup?