Thread: New Tires
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2003, 01:26 PM
Making tires round, Six now :)

Hey I have them
Very different than the AVS db's.
The water flies out the side in a deep puddle instead of the front of the car.
No high whinney noise on concrete. Has a deeper sound. Not like other tire I have used. Most tires screem on concrete. I think they will be great in the snow because they have that deep tread.

Well I got about a 10,000 on my set and yesterday I ran over a 12" nail puller on rt 80. You know one of those bent flat bar nail pullers about 2" wide and 1/4" thick. It was laying with the short sharp side pointing up so it looked like a black rectangle in the road. I realized it to late and it caught the inside of the front right side wall. It was launched into the bottom frame with loud bang and left a deep scrap mark I found later.

I was able to pull off the road and get it changed. Now I got on an old GoodYearEagleGT, spare back-up tire. Oh yeah I got a slash in the side wall and I am getting another one on order. Then I'll try for the 12 month road hazard warrantee.

I keep thinking about how many cars got damaged yesterday. That nail puller could have ended up in a windshield. If someone caught it on the outside of a tire it have been airborne.