View Single Post
Old 03-27-2005, 11:54 AM
deruvian

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVX-FF
I Just did my exhaust cam shaft on the pass. side. You will need to remove the timing belt to get the marks lined up correctly. The valve cover and the front half cap, see pic, that hold the front of the cams in place.
Important Make sure to install the maintance bolt onto the intake cam sub gear before removal.
Remove the cam bearring caps and out it should come.
Not that hard to do. this is a great time to replace the lower cam seal too. The timing gear does not have to be removed from the exhaust cam.

Steve
So, can we try to get this punched out in a list format? Please correct me if I missed anything.

- Remove the accessory belts, crank pulley, timing belt cover, and timing belt.
- Remove the spark plug boots, valve covers, and gaskets.
- Remove the front cap for the intake camshafts (this is the little black looking "cylinder" right? It's also a cam seal, correct?).
- What is the maintenance bolt that has to be installed? Is this a dealer-available service part? I haven't heard of it before, but apparently it gets installed in this step.
- The timing should be marked on both the camshafts, right? Or do they have existing marks (similar to the pulleys, block, and timing belt)?
- Remove the bearing caps.
- Remove the intake camshaft.

(And the following are just for my sanity)
- Reinstall the camshaft.
- Install new valve cover gaskets.
- Replace spark plugs.
- Reinstall valve covers and spark plug boots.
- Reinstall intake cam seals, timing belt, t-belt cover, crank pulley, and accessory belts.

Thanks again!