Thread: Facebook
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2018, 02:55 AM
Some Random Weirdo

Re: Facebook

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgunslade View Post
Wow, deleted your posts. My perception is that the Facebook Group was primarily set up by Jamie Price to enhance his on-line business. Since his domestic melodrama, there seems to be little effort there and he posts nothing except renderings from some video game. Josh Bettencourt seems to be a pretty good guy and is knowledgeable. He helped me work through concept issues on the rear brake upgrade, by private message, rather than through the SVXNation group. There appear to be a couple of other knowledgeable folks, but I'm not sure what is really knowledge and what is bluster. A lot of talk of 3-D printing and custom stand-alone EMS. Don't really know what is real and what isn't. A lot of totally unrealistic aspirations for engine upgrades. Most of those guys don't realize that there is only a limited advantage that can be gained with bolt-ons. NA engine horsepower is expensive, much more expensive per marginal horse than forced induction horsepower.
There was and is still ongoing efforts to repair a lot of the damage that was done over there by that individual. A lot of really good people have went out of their way to help remedy the situation. I won't get into my personal stuff but dealing with all of that was one of the worst experiences of my life. There are a lot of knowledgeable and good people there but most efforts have been to try and repair what was done.