View Single Post
Old 01-13-2009, 01:28 PM

Cool Re: Subaru made SVX headlight protectors rear deck filter.

Part number 16 - got mine from a wrecked SVX here in NZ (off JDM model), cost me NZ$100 including the switch & wiring loom, wiring connects through a t-junction that fits between the relay for the fan & the relay mounting housing under the dash (t-junction point) - the switch (with light) which has 3 postions (low/off/fast), unit has charcoal filter (removable to clean) & high-voltage de-ioniser (lid has copper coating on the inside, to stop HV noise getting to antenna, also has HV disable micro-switch in the lid so that you don't get electrocuted when turning unit on without lid). Takes approx 1 hour to fit - just like removing the rear deck speaker area.

Switch is located where the central door lock/unlock (headlight leveler switch) would normally be located.

Low speed - runs without the front dash fan being turned on - continuous.

High speed - requires front fan to be turned on to operate at high speed (otherwise operates at low speed - above), high speed also initiates the high-voltage de-ioniser (this de-ioniser turnes off after approx 12 minutes).

I have reverse engineered the electronics module / timer from the PCB (if someone wants I can PDF & post it somewhere), the unit fits inside the rear passenger side window area (where the window switch is located - there are a couple of screw-in storks for mounting the unit - have check 4 other SVXs here in NZ & they all have this as part of arm-rest moulding).

check out the SVX stuff being sold by racerx4 (Peter) on www.trademe.co.nz

he has lots of JDM stuff from various SVXs

Also see the Downunder area for spares - I have recently posted (for Matt in Australia - who wanted a few things) Peters' personal email address.

regards

Stephen in NZ (1 OF 1)

Last edited by SURTEESS; 01-13-2009 at 04:19 PM.