View Single Post
Old 06-19-2008, 11:28 AM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
Re: Question as to the original issue with the SVX auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwren View Post
My transmission has about 1,000 miles on it from subaru.
Is there a way to run the car and take a hose loose, maybe at the filter and pump the fluid out after draining the pan and refilling the system with synthetic? Would it also flush out the torque converter as it pumped in the new synthetic fluid?
Not sure how this would work but the cross over tube got me to wondering. Naturally, this would require keeping pouring fluid in all the time to keep it in the system.

There are companies that would "change" the fluid but does their way also replace the fluid in the torque converter?

Thanks,
Keith
Like I said there is no "simple" way to do it... OT once suggested to get a 50 gallon barrel about 2ft above the car... Take off the outgoing line from the radiator... start the car and let the old fluid run out the bottom while the barrel filled with new oil fills through the Inlet line... This takes some ingenuity and a lot of oil which costs $10 per quart...

So the best way IMHO is the procedure which I have already described. Say in about 7000 miles... do it again and you should have most of the old fluid out of the trans

Tom