View Single Post
Old 02-10-2014, 01:21 PM

Re: SVX can't climb hills

Between my frozen sausage fingers, I can't get the coil wires undone. However, I Did manage to take the passenger coils out of the head and checked the boots. They were all clean with no abnormalities.

So I took it for a test drive again to see if there was any change after the fuel additive and top off. It ran pretty well for 20 miles of driving. Up and down hills, highway speed, city speed, crawling through parking lots speed. It went for about an hour and then it lost power on a straight stretch of road. When I would give it gas, it would bumble for a few seconds and occasionally backfire, and then it would give a half hearted attempt and go again.

I parked it for about a minute and took it out again. I could feel the same symptoms within a few minutes just driving through the parking lot.

I can't get to a lot of these little wires with fingers the size of New Jersey in this cold, so it really comes down to the question of does anybody know of anyone that does decent work in the Erie area? I know a ton of people back home that would be willing and able, but she doesn't seem to be willing to make that drive in her current condition.

Thanks, guys.
-Randy

92 SVX project/daily -112,000 miles (Sold)
91 Legacy Battlewagon -242,000 miles (RIP old girl)