View Single Post
Old 01-21-2008, 08:09 AM
Inventor of the 5-speed swap

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridered777 View Post
How well does it idle once it gets going?

You play with the gas pedal to get it going...?! These are EFI, not carbureted, I don't think that will do anything...

Craig,
It idels fine once it's started, idels up a bit till it's warmed up, then drops to normal idle, just like it's suppose too.

And I KNOW it's a FI car, as I've been tinkering with cars since before you were born, and I KNOW you are not supposed to give a FI car throttle when starting....BUT since that is the ONLY way I can get the beast to start, I imput that into my quarry, so anyone that tryed to help would have all the info....it will NOT start at all if I don't play with the throttle while tring to start it when it's cold, but no throttle is required once it's been warmed up to start it....hope that clears it up.

Basically I have to nearly flood it to get it to fire up when it's cold, but like Kcpaz said, it runs perfect once it's started up, including the "Fast Idel" untill it's warmed up....and since both his and mine are "transplanted" EG33's, I'm leaning toward something in the wiring that we both missed...
88 XT6 AWD 5-Speed "Bride of FrankenWedge"
15 Impreza Premium Sedan
15 Crosstrek XV 5-Speed
My 5-Speed "How-To" Write-up
1976 Pontiac Firebird Formula
Current Count of Subaru's Owned.... "70"