View Single Post
Old 02-14-2003, 08:03 AM
jrollins

OEM Subaru Struts and Mounts

Hey gang! I'm in a bit of a dilemma. Forced by the dredded "knocking" noise from the front-end, I packed up the SVX and headed to Larry Myers Subaru here in good ol' WV.

So luck being on my side, I got one of the few Master Techs. in WV that knows something about SVXs. (He did my tranny swap after it puked all over the place about a year and a half ago). We spent about 3 hours checking the car out and what have you, and determined, that among other things new struts, and mounts (I have a '92) are needed in all four corners (all leaking pretty bad).

The dealership had nothing in stock, but they said they would be more than happy to order me TWO new front struts and mounts to the tune of about $700USD. Now, I know this is a dealer, but I think I'm getting raped pretty badly. My question is, Subaruparts.com has them quite cheaper, however they list 2 part numbers for both front and rear struts. Which one do I pick? One is $182.14 and the other is $99.02. Same deal with the rears.

Front: http://www.subaruparts.com/diag/?mod...category=210-A

I've seen a post here and there about this, but never seemed to see an answer.

Any help would be grealy appreciated.

Thanks,
-Rollins

P.S. From the way it looks right now, there will be two more SVXs to add to the list to be @ Reading IV!!! We're gettin' 'em ready!! WOOT!