View Single Post
Old 01-04-2006, 09:48 PM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigershark
2006 WRX vs 1988 951, I would think the insurance would be close in ratings points. PA is fairly reasonable in general. The one I'm looking at is 247hp and 271tq at the wheels. How much does a 06 WRX TR weigh? I should be around 3300lbs or so with driver.
The '06 regular 5spd WRX weighs 3190lbs. The TR is about 20lbs lighter I'm told (no six disc cd changer, no heated seats, no fog lights). Cobb also saw 202hp at the wheels on the stock '06 (see the 2nd to last post on the first page for the dyno plot). With driver my car should come in at around 3,330lbs depending on fuel load.

If it was a dry day and you could get your rear tires to hook up, it'll be no contest. The Porsche will beat me each and every single run. If the road is a little dusty or there's some precipitation, then the tables *may* slowly start to turn in my favor.

My car will still be stock enough to have an active warranty by Reading. Only mods I plan by then are the Kartboy short shifter, better tires, an STI panel filter and an OEM STI axle back exhaust. Power level will be roughly the same, but the car will be a little more responsive and easier to drive fast.

-Chike

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)