View Single Post
Old 01-09-2007, 02:15 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by svxistentialist
I think Pete's point about moving from standstill says a lot. Shifting all the car's weight take a lot of torque. As our road tyres have zero grip in slippy conditions, they can spin freely in low grip situations. Perhaps the percentage weight of the LSD is set low, so as not to jerk around the luxury ride.

I figure if you were wearing traction lug tyres like a jeep, she would just pull out of the muck without a chirp.

The other point is like what Phill said; if I was in a situation like you describe, as soon as I realised one wheel was spinning, I would pull the diff fuse to give it a better chance of rocking it's way out of bother.

Joe
Hi Joe,

I had no trouble getting traction as soon as I used RPM, my point was one of interest as to the exact reasons why. I won my car club's mud trial many years ago, in/on an AC sports car with a Ford V8 engine transplant, I had at the time.

What are you suggesting with - "I would pull the diff fuse to give it a better chance of rocking it's way out of bother."

Inserting a fuse would lock up the centre controlled LSD on my JDM car, but would have no affect on the rear LSD?

Cheers, Trevor.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!