View Single Post
Old 01-06-2007, 06:19 PM

Registered SVX
Stuck in the Mud

I am posting here among friends because we share the same type of transmission with a centre LSD and you, unlike me, have experience in snow.

Last night my wife and I attended a country dance, which was great. I parked off the road on grass and my back wheels were on some soft stuff. (Do I need to confirm, driving the SVX? ) On return and trying to get under way there was wheel spin and applying the normal technique of not too many revs, which could dig wheels in, I got nowhere. I engaged the "manual" option, which starts the car in second and is stated as being provided for these conditions, but still to no avail.

I had been limiting RPM to say 2500 but after some thought I increased things to say 4,000 and this resulted in traction. I have not investigated fully as to why all wheels did not at first engage, and at this stage I am left with :-

Transmission line pressure called for more revs, but not likely.

TCU Expected more revs or an increased throttle opening.

Buzzing the wheels a bit resulted in digging down to something firmer.

To be honest I was disappointed with the cars performance and would like comments from you up there who have snow experience.

N.B. The down under king of the transmission world is not welcome within this thread, as I have absolutely no respect for his opinion, much less any aledged facts put forward.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!