View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013, 11:05 PM
Rebuilding

Registered SVX
Re: First Outback problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
besides only replacing one tire (the remaining tires had 35K on them but no measureable difference in circumference or wear)

It was put in writing. Did you read his post?
What he said was, a written understanding, that does not equate to a written agreement. Does this understanding that the shop will be liable for any transmission issues that arise due to placing a new tire on a AWD vehicle and matching it? or does it state it could have issues arising from doing this?

Merely asking if he actually has a signed document stating that. I don't see a tire having 35k miles on it not having a difference in circumference, but if they actually went through the steps to measure and compare so be it. I only ask to make sure he doesn't get stuck with a newer outback with a bum transmission and a dealer owner refusing to pay for it. Not all dealers are bad but they are in the business of making money and replacing transmissions for free is not good for business.

So anyways, to answer your question, yes I did read the post. Just clarifying what the "written agreement" states.

1994 SVX LS - 5spd AWD Emerald Green 202k miles PWR Radiator, HID 5000k, New paint job with issues, 17" STI BBS wheels, converted to 5spd AWD from FWD. Purchased from SVXyGirl 2/20/09 -- Undergoing complete rebuild
1993 Justy 4wd 5door- Teal of sorts , beater.
2008 OBXT Newport Pearl 65k miles