View Single Post
Old 10-07-2008, 07:43 AM
Just some dude.

Significant Technical Input
Re: Race engine for my race svx.

That whole cavitation in the cooling system at high rpms is just an idea someone posited, not a fact. Slowing down coolant flow for engines that operate at high rpm in order to give it enough time in the radiator to cool down is helpful in a lot of cars. In the SVX's case, however, it looks more likely to that the cooling system simply can't keep up with the demand of extended high rpm operation with only one fan running and, or the fan kicking in only after the coolant is already very hot. I believe that with both fans running the oe cooling system will perform well in extended high rpm operation. Anthony has done some testing which seems to indicate this is correct. This is something he is geared up for and ready to monitor in case further modification of the cooling system is necessary. The thermal barrier coatings I am using on the pistons, heads, and valves of course dramatically reduce the burden on the cooling system as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
Is a different waterpump impeller design going to be used as well? I was reading in previous posts about cavitation in cooling system due to the airpockets created by the waterpump running at such a high rpm.

The progress looks great . Can't wait to see the results.