Thread: Sol C function
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2006, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Getting a little tired of assumptions

You and me both. But I have disconnected the wire to solenoid C from the TCU causing 0.0v and also causing 4wd, and binding in corners. My car wouldnt go into 4wd. I believe now it had something to do with the tcu. I had to find all this info already, only when I tried to find out everyone said this or that and it all contradicted. I finally just went off my FSM for my xt6 and the 4eat in the xt6 is nearly the same(nearly).

So now that you know you could check at the tcu and the connection at the tranny.( There is a PDF file in username LEE's personal locker it shows where all the wires are and there function on the tcu and at the connector) To see if it is working. and if everything is working outside of the tranny then you would have to crack open the rear end and check at the solenoid.

I posted the other thing about the valve system as harvey posted it for me a while back. Although as I said I didnt have to go that far as it actually wasnt a mechanical problem. I hate to say this but if I had to guess I would say that either your solenoid is in fact dead in water, or the wire at the solenoid might have been pulled apart or pinched when put back together. just a guess but I would say that's probably it.

Also I speak for myself but I believe people say I think and I believe because not everyone (most no one) wants to be liable if there wrong and you screw something up and get angry. No one wants you to come back on here saying its there fault. Thats why I believe you should invest in a FSM. I know they cost a bit but think of all that you will be able to know just by opening a book. not to mention how much you will save from not breaking something to find out how it works.
Also if you have mitchell on demand CD for the SVX (thats what I got) there is a wiring diagram under table of contents/system wiring diagram/transmission

Anyways just my 2 cents as everyone says on here.

1993 Ford Probe 30mpg 213k
1989 Subaru XT6 150k
All good and running

Last edited by spinn360; 05-01-2006 at 09:18 PM.