View Single Post
Old 11-29-2005, 10:00 AM
5 speed 4 sure

Registered SVX
SVX 4EAT to WRX 5MT swap underway!

Thought I'd start a new thread on my 5 speed swap status. I got the 4EAT out last night after about 1.5 hours of sheer hell. I should have removed at least one half axle...hindsight.

Anyway, started reading lots on the most recent swap by rmjjensen. I hope he figures out his drivebility, noise, vibration issues. My take way on all this is that I should spend a good bit of time setting up my trans mount, right? I have both the SVX mount and the entire mount from the 2002 WRX.

For those who have been driving the 5 speed for a while, is the ride good? One of the things I like most about the SVX is the ride...smooth. Never had a real smooth ride from my GL, XT, or legacy. All were/are fun and peppy (legacy excluded) but none are as smooth as the SVX. I'd just like some reassurance that the 5 speed swap is worth all the effort. I hate the 4eat and it's flakey shifting/slipping. My hope is that I don't create more problems going to 5 speed.

Next steps are to get the 5mt mocked up and sitting on the engine so I can measure total drive shaft length needed. Is anyone driving a 5mt within a couple hours driveing distance from Atlanta?

Thanks again for all the help. This site is great.