View Single Post
Old 12-09-2007, 05:15 PM
Yeah, I'm still around

Cool Wow

Didn't think I'd get that positive of a response to another sub-forum. I've often wondered where to post my autocross exploits.

Danny-I'm confused as to why you think I'm about to baninnated? I was driving at a legal, sanctioned motorsports event on a closed course

redlinedeath-While I agree more SVX in motorsports would be good, the car comes with some severe disadvantages for many forms of motorsports. Weight (and correspondingly poor HP to weight ratio compared to many cars it will compete against), length, automatic trans, strut suspension, nose-heavy cantilevered engine (entire engine is extended ahead of the front axle), and lack of aftermarket support all conspire against it. Compared to many other platforms (Miata, BMW E30 and E36, Honduhs-can't mention specifics as I'm too bored to care) the SVX is just not the first, second, or 15th car folks think about or choose for motorsports. Not that it can't be done as Bill, Ben and Dave, Dan, myself and many others have demonstrated it can. I'd love to see more out and competing in local events with me...however, I'm the only active member of this group in my entire state now

Hopefully Chris, Earl, and Chris can put together a sub-forum. We cold even talk about drag racing if we HAVE to

Todd

PS-funny story today. I'm heading to the local spray and pray car wash to knock off the mud from the event. You can still easily see the outline of my numbers and class letters. Car is coated from the front wheels to the back of the car about halfway up the door. Guy and his wife pull along side me in their tan Buick Century (not event he Regal upgrade). Young guy is looking over HARD at the car, talks to the wife, they both look over, she shakes her head, he stares over again and drives on. I can only imagine the conversation...
"Honey that guy looks like he had a lot of fun with that odd-looking car"
"NO"
<Eddie Murphy> "OK"</Eddie Murphy>

HAHA

Last edited by wawazat??; 12-09-2007 at 05:16 PM. Reason: typos