View Single Post
Old 01-14-2004, 11:44 AM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Re: Justy oil contamination?

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Pockets
I checked the oil in the Justy last night, since I hadn't in awhile, and of course it was really low. The Justy leaks oil like you wouldn't believe. It's mostly out of the valve cover gasket.

Anyway, I noticed that there was a distinct milky substance o nthe inside of the oil cap. It was dark, so I don't know whether it was in the valve cover as well, but I would bet it is. I've never noticed oil in the coolant, but is this still a sign of a bad head gasket?

If it were a bad head gasket or bad head, you'd probably be getting temp spikes.

One of my co-workers just had this same dilemma with his old Rambler station wagon. After he began descibing the problem to me, we think we narrowed it down to a vacuum leak drawing in moisture, then, the moisture condensing on the inside of the valve covers and the oil filler cap. He's since plugged the lines to the vacuum operated windshield wipers. He hasn't reported the results.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI