Old 09-11-2001, 06:08 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Judgement

Quote:
Originally posted by halistan
<<Most enlightened thinking for one of your age. There is hope for the world yet. >>

Joe,

Thanks for the kind words....i wish my words were from genuine wisdom, but they aren't. I was in Norman during the OKC bombing and after that when they started saying on the radio that they thought it was done by a middle east terrorist group. I saw how all the simple minded sheep that went to my school started treating all the middle east students. My friend Abrahm was nearly assalted by a mob in the cafeteria. I actually had to threaten to call OUPD to get the residents to back down (I was a resident advisor at the time). People are quick to judge, and even quicker to administer "justice" even when they don't know the facts, and this saddens me. This day has been tough on all of us and i hope that those directly affected by this find solace in thier loved ones and friends.

~Ray
So you have seen the bad side of the hate machine in action. Sobering, I'll bet.

There is a brilliant B&W movie called Bad Day at Black Rock, starring Spencer Tracey and Robert Ryan. Very sensitive treatment of the racial hatred issue as it applied in WW2.
We need to remember all these lessons learned in the hard times. If we forget history, we are condemned to relive our mistakes over and over again. Perhaps that is what Purgatory is really about.

Really pleased to be seeing good news on the site. We need to support the rescue people, the next few days will be no picnic. Hopefully it will not be as bad as we are dreading.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl