View Single Post
Old 09-10-2010, 10:05 PM
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: 16 Years and finally running smoothly again!

[QUOTE=ykobayashi;657555]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMan View Post
I have a question for you, are you having issues with the plastic body parts (mirror housings, flanks under the rear sail window where it says "SVX") fading? I've been using a mild abrasive wax to bring the color back but its a matter of time before I have to get them repainted. My car has been garage kept its entire life so I'm not sure why this is happening.

I gotta tell you one thing I love doing is driving it to the local Subaru dealer. The mechanics and sales people flock around it like I'm some kind of rock star! One of the younger porters asked me once if I was from Subaru Corporate Japan and whether this was some kind of experimental Subaru! (I am Japanese - American)
Yes, i have the exact same issues with those parts on mine also.

My mirrors have already been painted because i switched them from my parts car which are heated, but they were green.

Like you said, it's just a matter of time before the flank pieces get painted as well. - I get red paint on my towel when i wax them.

LOL on you driving to the dealer - I get lots of looks from the salesmen when I go there to visit a friend who works there.