View Single Post
Old 09-09-2010, 08:14 PM

Send a message via AIM to ykobayashi
Registered SVX
Re: 16 Years and finally running smoothly again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskymaniac View Post
With only 60K miles, what did you need to do to get it running smoothly again? I wouldn't think too much.....
It was running rough as hell for a year and a half and I could not figure out what the problem was. I was crawling all over the engine, pulled diagnostic codes and was getting them stating bad O2 sensors, knock sensors (you don't want to do this unless you absolutely have to!) , Coolant Temp Sensor, MAF sensor, dealer thought it was bad gas, idle speed sensor, coil packs, hunting down possible vacuum leak, replaced spark plugs (worst experience ever on #6!) in the end it was the last one that did it. Faulty spark plug #6.

An acquaintance of mine who was a mechanic for years said, "if you've looked into everything and still can't figure it out, go back to the basics" sage advice! One thing I have learned about the SVX these many years is that it seems EVERYTHING is a real b**** to work on but I still love this car!

[B]1995 SVX L AWD - Original Owner
65k - Brilliant Red
Mods: K&N Drop In Filter, Sony aftermarket CD/MP3 Stereo and Speakers, Sumitomo HTR+ Tires

2004 Mazda 6S 5-door - Steel Grey - 5 speed manual transmission - Daily Driver

2011 Mazda CX-9 - Wife's ride