View Single Post
Old 02-09-2011, 04:41 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Johnybeas Send a message via MSN to Johnybeas Send a message via Yahoo to Johnybeas Send a message via Skype™ to Johnybeas
Registered SVX
Re: Lambo door kits?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarnblatt View Post
True, but he also designed the VW Golf (which is one of my favorite cars, BTW)

So just because he designed it does not mean that it will work with these door deals. In fact I'm not aware of any production car that Guigiaro designed with funky doors short of the DeLorean. I'm just saying that these Lambo things really don't work. The split windows on our cars for some project it to be something else... but looking at the stance of the overall car, it is far from the uber low slung exotic lamborghini. It's low, and sleek, but BMW 6/8 series GT car low and sleek. Just my opinion I guess.
I'd be very disappointed if all of giugiaro's designs looked exactly the same but you can pick up hints that he designed that GTI based off the simple and functional body lines well executed fender flairs etc. The point I was trying to make is that IMHO the SVX has the body lines and is low and widebody enough to pull off the doors, even more so if some of the features were accentuated with a custom widebody kit and some coilovers as I plan to do on my SVX.