View Single Post
Old 11-29-2003, 06:59 PM
Takin tools to task

Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX
so whats before the quark?

this is true because the actual mass hasnt changed. it still exerts/accepts the same gravity as if it were a mountain. provided all the atoms would hold together it would proceed to drill into the earth until it reached the plates below china provided it were 'dropped' from the U.S., whereupon it would oscillate until coming to a stop at the center of the earth.

as far as black holes are concerned, the mass required is that of a red giant minimum, with the majority of black hole type singularites being formed from supergiants. if you consider the difference in the amount of matter to vaporize/radiate, it would take less than a microsecond for mount everest.
EDIT: whoops. should note the estimated time is if relative forces were that of a full "size" event horizon. on relative scale it might take a very long time.

ive always considered the universe within a universe theory, but ruled it out due to the fact it doesnt support big bang. if someone were to explain big bang on infinite subatomic scales i would reconsider it.

edit2: supposing those are actual shots of a carbon atom, the simplest building block, and we are actually seeing the elusive 'quark', which was purely hypothetical last i recall (and its been some time), then theres even more space between atoms than originally thought.
on that note id like to put on everyones plate that if the subatomic universe idea were true, everytime a superdense star collapsed into a singularity, the multiple universe's directly below it would not survive.
i hate to bring everyone to my world but i hope we are not someone elses subatomic universe.

edit3!: perhaps i just answered my own question. the matter ejected from black holes must expand at an incredible rate. big bang states that all matter in out universe was compressed at some point (like a huge molecule, the ONE element), then expanded in a great explosion of matter.
it is possible that if multiple subatomic unverse theory were true, the universes (universi?) would be compressed to an infinite point upon when everything within would be destroyed, and later ejected in a similar instance to our "big bang".
any thoughts?

nikfu-
- ah science... my true forte.

'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.

Last edited by NikFu S.; 11-29-2003 at 07:39 PM.