View Single Post
Old 08-23-2001, 01:30 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Re: I tried securtiy fix

Quote:
Originally posted by uconnscott
I tried the security programming method suggested by the moderator to no avail..........I put the car on.....then off, and quickley pushed the security butten (on dash left of stearing wheel) rapidly for a long time (30 seconds at most), but no horn beeping or cliking was present.....I then tried to hit the buttons on both my remotes as suggested, but nothing happend.

There was never any short beeps or cliks. I tried differnt variations Aredubjay's fix for over 30 minutes to no avail. I am schedualed to take the car in tomarrow to have the dealer look at it. Any clarification from anybody on how to get to programming mode would be very helpful.

As far as the CE light goes, I drove it all day and it didn't go on once.........It did yesterday and the day before though.......I am wondering if is is due to being at the shops for so long and now it will be all set.

Anyway I really appreciate all of the feedback. This site is outstanding. (having graduated with an MIS degree at UCONN I can really appreciate it). Unless I hear anything further I will drop the $140 and hopefully get things straight (then I have to attack that darned visor, it is sagging BAD). Also putting in all new speakers and CD/MP3 player Saturday, had to be done. I love the ride so much that I know it is worth all the money and effort.

Thanks again for the support!
Oh well, that's the only way to get into the programming mode. Now, you did make sure the security switch was in the OFF position before turning the car on/off -- right? Is the security button blinking at all?

This has actually been an all too common problem with the security system on this car. Mine went by the wayside in the same manner -- I wound up installing a used replacment unit and haven't had trouble since.

The problem also seems to occur after a visit to the shop. I don't know what that might have to do with it, but, this has happened more than a couple of times, as I recall.

Whatever has caused it (if your shop can figure it out), please be sure to post here. I think Colin Riley (montypython, aka criley) had the same difficulty . . . and there are probably others. Please let us know what you find out.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI