View Single Post
Old 08-21-2001, 10:02 PM
The Road Less Traveled

Re: Check Engine Light Stays on Periodicly

There are instructions on how to pull the check engine codes from a pre-OBDII SVX. Do a search on the forum or the message archive to find it. But here's the condensed version:

- Remove the driver side kick panel (panel next to the left foot rest, where the fuse box lives)
- Find blue wire, and plug into black connector, top row (top row being side with notch), 2nd hole from left to right
- Turn key to on position (without starting the car)
- Count blinks on dash board check engine light. Long blinks is 10, short blinks is 1, add them up to get code. CE light may display multiple codes
- Look around the forum for the definition for the codes.

Pic of the black connector is available courtesy of Aredubjay at http://briefcase.yahoo.com/aredubjay.

I should make the whole procedure into an mpg and post it up here. Just don't have the time.

As for the security system, what was the car in the mechanic/body shop for? Maybe they disconnected something and forgot to plug it back in?

VK

Quote:
Originally posted by uconnscott
Finally got the SVX out of the shop (went from a troubled $7k car to a really cool 11.5k black '92 Ls-L) Now it is out of the shop. I unfortunatly have 2 new problems.

1. My Check engine light has for the past 3 days come on each morning I drive my car, and stay for around 20-60 minutes. It will then shut off for the rest of the night.

2. My Security System/Keyless entry isn't working, the remotes do nothing. They were both working before the car was at the shops (mechanic then auto body) and now neither remote works. I did put a new battery in one, but to no avail.

I have called the local Subaru dealer (Suburban Subaru in Vernon, CT) and I set up an appointment to them to at least diagnos each problem (at a $68 charge each!) Anyway, I am wondering if any fellow SVXers have had similar problems or have any Idea what may be causing them.

I have spent so much money on this car already that there is no turning back now and I just want to get it right! It is a great ride and the looks I get in this car are worth the cash and then some! Thanks.