View Single Post
Old 09-02-2009, 08:36 PM
Headin' for the hills

Registered SVX
Re: New Legacy might just grow on me

Maybe if they'd chop a foot off the top and another off the bottom, then we could talk. As is it's taller than some SUVs. I understand this is all just for crash test ratings, but one thing I've always loved about Subaru is that the boxer motor allows for very low belt lines, high clearance, and low center of gravity. The new Subees have an extra 24" of plastic above and below the engine making them look like any other Camry/TL and other I4 powered cars. I'm imagining the space between the manifold and the hood being enough for another bench seat, with more headroom than our back seats.

I'm a die hard Subaru fanatic, and will always stay that way, but I haven't been a huge fan of any of their new GIGANTIC redesigns. Maybe if it looked a little more like this:

Otherwise, I'll stick with the '80s '90s Subees where ugly had a purpose. These are just ugly for ugly's sake.
'92 LS-L "Bandit" #362 formerly dark teal, repainted by prev owner
Mods: ECUTune 2v7f, Earthworm bushings, Pioneer DVD/Bluetooth phone, Infinity Reference all around, tint, 17" wheels, custom seat belt computer, velcro visor

Buying parts is like car payments. Someday she'll be all mine.