View Single Post
Old 12-07-2004, 07:28 AM

Send a message via AIM to rmjjensen
yeah I knew that engine looked a bit fishy ....wasn't even horizontally opposed. okay ...so if my donor car is:

a (1997+) legacy it'll work fine, I just have to do the rear diff gear swap.
a (1997+) WRX just the tranny, rear diff will work just fine
an (1997+) impreza tranny and rear diff swap, or does it has the same final drive as the WRX/SVX?

I found this website: http://www.iaai.com which seems to have the biggest inventory of wrecked cars I've ever seen. I've got a body shop connection so hopefully when I find the donor, I can have them bid on it.

Is there any pedal assembly that's the easiest to adapt to the SVX? or are they all equally as difficult?

Thanks a lot for everyones help. I'd just really like to get everything I need before my winter break starts so I can begin.

5-Speed Status: DONE!
Lambo Door Status: On hold but will be a success

04 WRX 5MT, STi Short Throw Shifter, Group N tranny mounts, AZA Z-2 18x7.5 Rims, slotted/cross drilled rotors, stainless steel lines, 35/20% window tint, ecu bead crush, power mode button; 7" In-dash touch screen LCD, mobile computer, voice recognition, alpine PXA-H701 DSP, 2 JBL amps, focal speakers all around, 5 farad cap, and fiberglassed subs in the trunk.

The Mobile Computer Interface - featuring the SVX | My Locker | My Secret Stash