View Single Post
Old 04-06-2009, 04:13 PM

Re: fans not working

Quote:
Originally Posted by Famouspork View Post
Ok, guys.
Well first of all, when it comes to electrical circuitry, I am really ignorant.
But in general mechanics, I don't get fooled too easily.
What happened here is the fans would not come on at all.
If it was the t-stat, the temp would go up no matter what.
Instead, it would go up only when I got stuck in traffic for about 5-10 minutes.This is when I noticed the fans would not start.So I checked the stupid fuses everyone seems to think were the problem.They were fine.So I checked to see if any of the relays were corroded,and they were not.
Next step was to verify if any kind of voltage was going to the fusebox.there was none. That's it.
All the guy did was to supply power to the fuse box by using a 12v circuit from the same source used for the radio (as far as I know).All is working like stock, and it has not overheated since, and the fans start around halfway through the gauge.
If it was as stupid as a fuse problem, maybe I would not have registered on this website. But since you guys are so helpful, I'm going to stick around.
Please, do not underestimate newbies.
I was just making a cheap($$), suggestion to try this because mine would show the EXACT same symptoms....And it fixed mine....Temp gauge would go up and would only over heat in trafficl too, bottom of the rad. never got hot....My idea might be as much of a joke as yours is....
As long as your happy with it.....