View Single Post
Old 07-16-2004, 03:17 PM
I have a problem. :(

Send a message via AIM to shelfy Send a message via Yahoo to shelfy
Registered SVX
shelfy's official 1000th post thread

i first found this forum in october of 2002 after owning my first svx for about 4 months. i read a few threads after signing up and pretty much forgot about it until i received an email from a forum member (jlittel) regarding an upcoming meet in august 2003. it was at that time john encourage me to sign up for the meet list on the forum and i made my first post.

when i attended the meet, i was excited to see other members as fanatical about their cars as i am. it was a rather large meet (for this part of the country) and even drew three members who chose to drive quite a distance to attend: mitch (uncamitzi) from slc, deja (dejavu) from craig, and michelle (thndrmtn92svx) from clifton. other local members that attended were: john, tom (subymtnguy), the daves (daviegravy and driverdave), meydey, mike from s-wings stuff, and steve & lin (paxton71 and svxsavvy). it was svx overload and i knew that this quirkly car had affected me the way no other vehicle has or probably ever will.

after the meet, i continued to be active in this forum and have made several on-line friends and one good off-line friend who, unfortunately, bought a bad svx and not longer owns it. i hope to one day help him find a good svx when it's a better time for him and he gets over the bad taste in his mouth from the first one.

i'd also like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for all i have learned about our cars over the last 11 months and for information i was able to share with other members. additionally, i'd to thank the crazy members who have also given me many laughs as well. then there's the late nights in the chat room....

well , i have rambled on long enough and i look forward to the next 1000 posts i will be making in this forum. hopefully, i can convince the other colorado members in this forum to meet more often. i still think back fondly about our meet last summer and am looking forward to attending a big meet. hopefully i can go to reading next april.

1997 Subaru SVX LSi "Svetlana" #185 of 640 - 09/1996 - Polo Green Pearl - 34k miles

1992 Subaru SVX LS-L "Everett" #8738 - 01/1992 - Ebony Pearl - 139k miles - 5MT shifty - Sold 07/31/2011

1992 Subaru SVX LS-L "Sven" #1599 - 05/1991 - Claret - 168k miles - Traded 05/11/2005

2023 Subaru Crosstrek Limited CVT - Crystal White Pearl - 2.8k miles
2021 Subaru Forester 2.5i Limited CVT - Horizon Blue Pearl - 17k miles
2023 Volkswagen Jetta S 6MT - Pure White - 2.6k miles
2020 Hyundai Ioniq Limited EV - Ceramic White - 30k miles

Last edited by shelfy; 07-17-2004 at 08:20 AM.