View Single Post
Old 07-15-2010, 04:25 AM
One teal and One yellow

Re: 92 Wrecked SVX vs 96 Wrecked SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1986nate View Post
the steering feel is quite different between the two types if you ask me. Mainly i can feel it at lower speeds, the speed sensitive is very easy to turn at low speeds while the normal power steering takes a bit more effort.

as for the cars, if anything, fix your 92 rather than the 96. Especially if it`s been sitting like that since it will need the entire interior swapped plus the body parts and with roof replacement, it will be extremely hard to get everything cleanly put back where it goes. If you are having to pay for the removal of the drivetrain, you are much better off looking elsewhere since 200 bucks plus removal will cost the same as you can find a completel parts car with body damage and full drivetrail included.

sorry, i am typing this all from my phone so it is hard to deal with proper punctuation, etc.
thanks for helping explaining the steering feel for me. it's pretty good you can type these much on your phone. i don't know how much i like to type on my phone lol. (u have smart phone ehh? android phone? iPhone? WM phone? or blackberry? )

thanks for your more in-depth opinions on these two cars. when looking at the 96 polo today, i was so excited about all these fixing-up-my-92teal-process lol. as much as i looked at the 96 polo today, i really like the color more. as much as i want to get more SVXi fixed like what you're doing, i don't have the energy, time, space and capital. sorry its gonna be my parts car. hello my 96 polo. i have 3 now.

i also agree with you for the interior-wise. there's a kinda "THICK" smell in that 96 polo. man, it's been sitting like that for the past 10 to 11 mths....going through the heavy rain and snow/winter like that. it has some kinda smell if you can ever get rid off. however, i jump-started the engine today...it did sound pretty good.....owner wants to keep his tranny (cos' it's been rebuilt for about 5000miles before the tree fell off)... i don't want to pay that thing for 1200 bucks you know...a lot of more work, time and money. my 92 has the great engine and trans already.

i was thinking of pming you....you like to have my 92 teal for a good deal if you can come get it (take times to pay ok)... I wasn't interested at trading yours + cash. Then i happened to find this 96 polo in town. I can get everything fixed in town! It's great to save a lot of energy and times!

Good luck on selling that svx! I might update some pictures with my "new" 96 polo tomorrow if I have time lol.

92 LS-L TEAL since Aug '01
92 LS-L YELLOW since Mar '05