View Single Post
Old 11-05-2003, 06:12 AM
the Flying Member

Send a message via AIM to pylon500 Send a message via Yahoo to pylon500 Send a message via Skype™ to pylon500
Rough Idle

Hey, Good to see I'm not the only one suffering from this rough idle and running problem
I've cleaned injectors, pulled plugs (which were OK, but I cleaned them anyway), chased inlet leaks, replaced my fuel filter, replaced a coil pack!, sprayed all the connections with electrical cleaner and revved the hell out it in frustration
Trust me this only makes it worse
I've had all the problems mentioned above, but I have an extra twist.
Sometimes when it gets real rough and if I happen to be trying to park at the time the load from the power steer and changing gears, all gets too much for it and it quits, followed by assorted clicks and whirs from under the bonnet as it tried to keep going.
When I re-start it, it runs OK!!
This can last for the next two or three drive sessions, or ten minutes!
I've had numerous mechanic type friends look at it, and the feeling is getting to be that the problem is in the TPS, this leads to bad idle, various cruising and accelerating problems that lead to awkward gear changes, no engine breaking, 'thumping' gear changes and a whole lot of aggro!
I'm going to try to internally clean my TPS while looking for a replacement, for the genuine article here in Aussie, the dealers want $424.77
SubaruParts.com only want $220.10 (Aussie Dollars) which is still pretty steep so I'm looking into more 'common' car alternatives, any ideas out there
Thought I saw something about a fuel injected Toyota light truck?
Hey Paddlez, what can you find in the wrecking yards over there in Japan?
Arthur.
'04 Liberty B Spec 3.0R wagon-Silver
'02 Outback 2.5 wagon-White For Sale

I Don't Drive Fast, I Just Fly Low!!
I've moved to Taree , check out my progress at Picasaweb.

That's a 'V' in SVX dammit!