View Single Post
Old 07-02-2023, 11:21 AM
dances with roads

Registered SVX
Re: What are your other cars?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision92 View Post
Being new here, I figured I’d come clean.. Besides being a longtime Alcyone fan, I’m also a Bimmerhead… ;P

My other cars: a little ‘76 2002 saloon (the passion) and a ‘16 435iX (the daily). I enjoy working on and driving all of them.

Tom
Love that 2002! I had one in the early 70's but parted with it when it became clear that our tiny household budget had no room for a car that cost that much.

I need to update my sig. (EDIT: ah-ha, looks like I already did.) We have a Caterham Super 7 now, my way of checking "own a Lotus" off the bucket list. It has a Lotus twincam engine and gearbox so I figure it qualifies.

The Z4MC is gone; as much as I loved the car I simply wasn't driving it much. I think the reason was that it fits a small niche for me; I would drive it when I wanted to go fast and hard. Which it was very good at. Which I didn't do very often. Plus, even though it is a very rare car and fabulous driving experience, the market does not seem to care, so I saw no point in keeping it around in the hopes of a payday.

A 2002 996 targa has joined the fleet. I wanted to see what all the Porsche hubbub was about. I tried to get in at a low price point and ended up with a 100K mile example. The first drive was all it took. Wonderful machine. Since then I have spent a bundle of time and money refreshing the suspension, which made a tremendous difference. Now I'm spending even more money getting the engine to a point where I can stop worrying about all of the M96 woes and simply enjoy the car. I should have it back on the road at the end of this month -- can't wait!

We're also in the midst of parting ways with an absolutely insane vehicle. It's a 2015 Mercedes Benz S65 AMG Coupe, that came to us as part of an estate settlement. We brought it back to life after sitting for a couple of years, and drove it long enough to come to the realization that it is simply too much car for where -- and how -- we live. In fact it's going live on Bring a Trailer today!
2012 Tacoma 4wd v6 Access Cab
2013 Mercedes E350 4Matic Wagon
2005 STi - totaled after 10 great years
1994 SVX LSi 5spd - sold but not forgotten
2000 Legacy GT 5spd sedan - gone after 150K miles of bliss