View Single Post
Old 05-20-2012, 12:29 AM
My Other car is a GENIUS Car!
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: Power Mode Selection

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannmarr View Post
Can someone clear up the installation process? After reading 41 pages I got lost Some hooked the wires without a switch or to the cruise control or to an after market switch or the manual switch or added a ground, or other. I would like to hook it up to the manual button but also use it when needed. Photos would be helpful.
I made a video a while back: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOeMhfqHJvA

Even put a switch in between it because you certainly don't want to be driving in power mode while on the highway but after about 3 months of using power mode during regular driving my transmission died. Can't really say this did or did not contribute to the premature failure of my transmission but I'm guessing it sure as hell didn't help anything.

If you're going to do it, just ground it like I did with a switch in-between somewhere so you can turn it off when hopping onto the highway... don't make it harder to install if you don't have to. Granted, you'll definitely be more compelled to drive the SVX a lot harder with the power mode because it's just so much more fun to do so.... that could have been the actual reason behind my tranny kicking the bucket as well. You tend to just take advantage of it after it is installed and drive the **** out of it.,,, as I did. In my case, I should have changed the transmission fluid sooner and being there is 209k miles on the car, it's hard telling how long that transmission was on the car itself so it very well may have been a coincidence... a rather **** one at that.