View Single Post
Old 07-13-2010, 11:38 AM

Re: did some work to my daily driver

If I could find a 626 GT with a bad motor, I'd so swap all my parts over to it and drive it in a heartbeat. Ultimate sleeper right there. There was an automatic GT 626 in town for a while, but I don't know what became of it. It was also not in the best of shape.

And I'm trying to keep it in good shape. I'm kinda in the process of a "resto-mod" cause it does have some rust, but I'm going to fix and modify at the same time. Chassis-wise, it is still very solid though. These are already rare cars as-is (mine is 1 of 1200 AWS cars sold in the U.S.) but I know in a few more years it will definitely be old school cool!

These cars are similar to the SVX in that they also don't have a big market, but being factory turbo cars, their potential is WAY higher for cheap. It is fun to make everything that is on the car though. I can honestly say that mechanically there isn't anything I myself can't do to the car. I even ported my own head and re-lapped the valves. And in my book that is just good, clean fun. I haven't put together a bottom end yet, but the main reason I like to stray from that is just because I don't have the tools.

Home of the Bontrager Works 22mm rear sway bar!!