View Single Post
Old 02-27-2008, 09:59 AM
Was MacGyver

Registered SVX
LOL

That auction write up is terrible! I don't even get the part about the bike.

And if he really is parting out a "never wrecked SVX" that is really sad (although the market dictates that he may make a lot more money this way, especially if his tranny was bad or something).

As for the jacked up price though, I think Earl may be right. The seller might have had another identity or someone else bidding to bring up the price higher and at the end it backfired because they got greedy and they won it. Even so, scary that real bidders let it get that high!

The OEM cupholder is a cheesy add-on piece Subaru scrambled to throw in a car that was designed with no cupholders to begin with, since other cars started coming with them around that time. To use it you have to have an empty center console, and then drive around with the lid up. And hope whatever you are drinking is the right size to fit the holes.

I don't even think it would add anything as far as collector's value to the car down the line.

Go spend $4 on a Wedgie in a color that matches your interior and you are good to go.

1992 SVX LSL "Serenity" 250,000 miles!

I don't care, I'm still free, You can't take the sky from me...