View Single Post
Old 09-19-2006, 12:07 PM
Awitha Cheese-ahhh!

Send a message via AIM to greggbzz
2nd Gear Sort-Of

Oh I just hate posting this.
About 1 week ago, it was a little cooler in the morning, and I went to drive to the bank and the SVX would not shift out of 1st. This was a little odd I thought,
I did not drive it hard or get to upset. I just kind of parked it, sat for a minute and restarted it. Viola, it shifted 2nd, 3rd, like normal.

So this weekend, I'm driving up to an on-ramp, accelerating somewhat hard, and 2nd feels.. well like it's slipping a little. I don't drive it until yesterday, after I adjust my TPS, check my AFT and Diff fluid, which all look good, and give it a good diagnostic drive. It seems that 1st is rock solid, 3rd is the same, and drive is good, although it's hard to get a good grasp on D because it's so low. But will all that tourqe differental I imagine if D was in bad shape it would slip pretty easily.

1st to 2nd is normal, and then if I drive it soft it will shift very quickly out of 2nd with out much effort or RPMs. But the shift feels lazy to 3rd.

If I leave it in 2nd and drive it hard, it will wind up higher then normal and kind of grip slowly. Like I'm riding the clutch out in a stick.

I gave it another short drive later in the day and the same behavior.

So, is my clutch going? I can only hope a break band adjustment will fix it, but it's pouring and I won't have time to try that until the weekend.

I just bought a new house and it would be a while before I can save enough to fix it, but fix it I will.