View Single Post
Old 10-10-2006, 02:04 PM

No one really knows for sure, but like mikecg said lans running 12 PSI on a completly stock block. I really dought that the open block configuration is going to be any kind of limitation untill you get to the 20+PSI range. There are many people over on nasioc that are pushing the open deck ej205 past 20 PSi with no problems, and there are people pushing 30+PSI(500whp) on stock STi semi closed blocks with no problems(with a good tune). I belive even Gadiel with his 9.6sec1/4 STi is using the stock cylinder liners from the EJ257 and is pushing (i belive) around in the low 40PSI range and (around 750WHP) on a semi closed deck. I really belive that the weaknesses of having a open deck are compley over played by alot of people. Besides I bet if you need to replace cylinderliners, then you will need to have replaced at least the pistons and probably rods before you will be pushing enough boost to oval the cylinder walls.

Cdigerlando the ej22t that was used in the first gen legacy was an closed deck block, and is considered by alot of people to the strongest block subaru ever made.

Last edited by svxsubaru1; 10-10-2006 at 10:14 PM.