View Single Post
Old 10-30-2005, 03:12 PM
Which manual is "that" in??

Quote:
Originally Posted by ensteele
If anyone has tried one, I would like to know how they work and if they programed ok.
They programmed perfectly, but there is absolutely no range increase. The routine is still right up on the car, or ground the unit to your forehead at 8 paces away from the car.

As a side note, I tried this summer to develop a new remote for the car, but could not get any range myself, so I scrapped the project.

The internals of this one uses a generic encoding chip, with a 5 input terminal to jumper for particular digital codes. On ours, it's open, since the receiver sets itself to match the transmitter. A warning on this though. If 2 of us buy one of these, and both program without any jumpers set, both cars will be able to be opened with the same transmitter.

There are actually 4 micro switches inside of the transmitters for different frequencies for different makes of vehicles. They just change the location of the outside buttons for each individual type of vehicle.

Is Bush in jail yet? (Looks frantically at watch, then back up) How about now? Now? Come onnnnnn...... Someone freeze me until January, this wait is killing me.
Update: 09 January, and still not in jail! Wassup??

1992 Teal LS-L - 160k (Now new and improved with perfect paint!)